In aiming for a more zero – waste impact we will have to address many aspects of our life .. some are easy to change, others are more aspirational.
Here is a list of some things we are doing to make our changes. And some of the issues that raise their heads through this journey
- Growing our own food : we have a farm but were “too busy” to grow our own veggies, so dumb; health issues and age mean that we are finding ways that will be easy to maintain into the years ahead.
- Embrace permaculture : developing the farm to be self sustaining in food, fuel and fibre.. (and hosting courses to help us and others)
- Growing our own fuel and that for generations to come. We have a lot of planting to do.
- Changing our habits : THERE IS NO AWAY ! and Everything Has at least one more use.
- Making food from scratch – that has been most of our food preparation, but there is still more to do.
- Make presents or recycle instead of buying more plastic tat for someone else. It is still the same world.
- Use glass or rubber or silicone instead of plastic.
- Recycle – our national system is far from perfect, but it is better than nothing, just.
- Living simply away from cities and towns makes it very easy not to deal with the water bottle, coffee cup, straws, takeaway rubbish. We just don’t ! 🙂
- Clothes for cleaning, handkies etc – old clothes cut up : so simple, just do not buy anything that is “disposable” .. that is a lie .. there is no where for it to go !
- Change to eco friendly options for cleaning “chemicals” – for the house, clothes and oneself.
Here is a group to join if you want more inspiration for your way of life. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1592555227734407/